ARTISTS PLAYED ON HOT PLATE INCLUDE

  • HOT PLATE! ARTISTS INCLUDE:
  • Bryan Ferry, the MC5, Richard Hell and the Voidoids, Dolly Parton, Ben Webster, Big Sid Catlett, Bessie Banks, Smokey Wood and the Wood Chips, Frankie "Half-Pint" Jaxon, the Harlem Hamfats, Modern Mountaineers, the Prairie Ramblers, Big Bill Broonzy, Bix Beiderbecke, Andre Williams, Jason Stelluto, Poor Righteous Teachers, Johnny Thunders, Eugene Chadbourne, Derek Bailey, J Dilla, Tom T. Hall, Otis Blackwell, The Velvet Underground, Scotty Stoneman, the Alkaholiks, Stan Getz, Johnny Guitar Watson, Evan Parker, Steve Lacy, Dock Boggs, Min Xiao-Fen, Tony Trischka

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Thursday, June 21, 2018

NEW RULES OF ENGAGEMENT: “NO MORE ENGAGEMENT”

New Straubinical Facebook policy: 
I have no plans to unfriend anyone, but I’ve recently seen some friends online making it clear that they don’t have a problem with the whole “America puts children in cages now” thing, and they’re more outraged about the continued non-locking-up of Hillary Clinton, and it seems to me that this is a good time to start implementing my new policy. 
  From now on, I have no intention of engaging with people politically on Facebook. To my conservative friends: I have no problem with you commenting on my threads, and you should feel free to be honest, for those times when the hypocrisy of liberals makes you angry in a way that caged children don’t, but I’ll be letting your comments stand without intervention from me. 
  To my liberal friends: I’ll still be posting from time to time about my continuing view that public shaming and lecturing of conservatives and/or racists is counterproductive, but I assume that many of you will continue to believe that it’s the most productive way to improve our country, and I’ll be content to let your comments to that effect stand without argument from me. 
  I’m going to do my best to post stuff I write, and let people weigh in as they see fit, and I appreciate very much when people read my blather, but at this point I see myself as a writer and not as a person who argues with everybody in the public square. 

  Final note: it’s quite possible that I’ll forget what I’ve just said, maybe repeatedly, but you should assume that’s due to the Australian jet lag I plan to be suffering from at least through the end of the Trump era.

No comments:

Post a Comment