ARTISTS PLAYED ON HOT PLATE INCLUDE

  • HOT PLATE! ARTISTS INCLUDE:
  • Bryan Ferry, the MC5, Richard Hell and the Voidoids, Dolly Parton, Ben Webster, Big Sid Catlett, Bessie Banks, Smokey Wood and the Wood Chips, Frankie "Half-Pint" Jaxon, the Harlem Hamfats, Modern Mountaineers, the Prairie Ramblers, Big Bill Broonzy, Bix Beiderbecke, Andre Williams, Jason Stelluto, Poor Righteous Teachers, Johnny Thunders, Eugene Chadbourne, Derek Bailey, J Dilla, Tom T. Hall, Otis Blackwell, The Velvet Underground, Scotty Stoneman, the Alkaholiks, Stan Getz, Johnny Guitar Watson, Evan Parker, Steve Lacy, Dock Boggs, Min Xiao-Fen, Tony Trischka

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Monday, February 6, 2017

HOT PLATE RADIO UPDATE

Here's an update on the HOT PLATE RADIO SHOW.
Recording the pilot show has taken forever. We've done a ton of recording already, but a few recording sessions remain.
  Next Monday night's panel discussion for the pilot episode will feature local seers Thomas A. Alderson and Keith Grimes. I've picked these luminaries for several reasons.
  1. They post on Facebook more times than I check Facebook, which is a lot.
  2. They both have numerous Trump voters reading their posts. I seem to have shedded all of mine. Unless they are reading and not commenting, which is of course quite possible.
  3. They both, like me, are attempting to sustain a dialogue with Trump voters that avoids disdain, yelling, etc. I'd like to reiterate here my basic attitude, which has to date annoyed liberals more than it's mollified conservatives--
I don't think all Trump voters are racists, or stupid. I believe many or most of them chose their candidate for the same kinds of reasons liberals chose theirs.
  4. Like me, they don't care for Trump, but that's not the same thing as a disdain for conservatism. Unlike many of my friends, I respect conservative philosophy as much as I respect the liberal alternative. My objections are with the political parties and many of the politicians, not with the intellectual foundation.


A couple more items-- I'd love to have input from both liberals and conservatives for the Hot Plate onair discussion. The pilot and first few shows probably won't have call-in technology, which will take some time to get up and running. Anyone who'd like to contribute in the meantime can do so in a few ways--
1. Call me in Facebook messenger and leave a recorded message. That's easy to do-- go on messenger and click on the microphone icon at the bottom of the screen, then record your question, comment, suggestion for discussion topic, etc.
2. Comment on this or other threads, and indicate you want your comment read on the air.
3. Post on my timeline and indicate same.
4. Message me or post on my timeline asking for my cell number. We can then communicate more directly about how you'd like to participate.
5. Email me at karlstraub@hotmail.com

Lastly-- to both Tom and Keith, re: scheduling for NEXT week's recording session with Jarrett Nicolay, I
encourage you to contact me directly through email karlstraub@hotmail.com
Or through cell/text which you should already have. The scheduling has proved complicated, because we are coordinating multiple adults who have jobs, wives, children, and Facebook accounts to manage. In the end, we may have to do single-guest discussions rather than panels, to speed up the process. Keith, my phone has somehow lost any contact information you've given me. I feel that you will accept this statement at face value.

No comments:

Post a Comment