ARTISTS PLAYED ON HOT PLATE INCLUDE

  • HOT PLATE! ARTISTS INCLUDE:
  • Bryan Ferry, the MC5, Richard Hell and the Voidoids, Dolly Parton, Ben Webster, Big Sid Catlett, Bessie Banks, Smokey Wood and the Wood Chips, Frankie "Half-Pint" Jaxon, the Harlem Hamfats, Modern Mountaineers, the Prairie Ramblers, Big Bill Broonzy, Bix Beiderbecke, Andre Williams, Jason Stelluto, Poor Righteous Teachers, Johnny Thunders, Eugene Chadbourne, Derek Bailey, J Dilla, Tom T. Hall, Otis Blackwell, The Velvet Underground, Scotty Stoneman, the Alkaholiks, Stan Getz, Johnny Guitar Watson, Evan Parker, Steve Lacy, Dock Boggs, Min Xiao-Fen, Tony Trischka

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

YAMMER OF THE GODS

  Fans of interminable blather will be gratified to learn that last night's Hot Plate recording session yielded a mammoth amount of political chat. Tom Alderson and I recorded 121 minutes of pontification, chest beating, and chin wagging, wrapping up the self-indulgent marathon a minute or two past one AM. In fact, the cutoff was more or less arbitrarily imposed, as I felt we were just getting into it towards the end, but Jarrett Nicolay's computer kept crashing due to his use of state of the art blather-resistant software.
  The long and winding gabfest went into extra innings in part because of my attempt to criticize all ends of the political spectrum. After ninety minutes, I suddenly realized that we'd forgotten to insult libertarians, but at this point I was busy explaining my groundbreaking concept of Telecaster Tolerance, and Tom was starting to remember that he had a four hour drive home, and an early meeting at Philippi.
  For those keeping score, here's where this leaves us.
  We've now recorded all of the material for the pilot show, as well as much of what we'll need for the next few episodes. I'm planning to use 10 or 15 minutes of political material on an episode, because of my theory that people will only be able to stand a certain amount of such drivel from me at one sitting.
  The pilot show editing process will be wrapped up (we hope) next week, and at some point soon I will begin negotiating the learning curve of turning all this content into a podcast, as well as discussing with various colleagues the possibility of Hot Plate airing on an independent radio station or two.
  I'd like to emphasize that, despite the dissent of an Instagram friend assuring me that I am not a windbag, the numbers would seem to bear out my claim to windbaggery. Last week's forty minute bloviation exercise with one Dave Nuttycombe now appears to have been a bagatelle or warmup for last night's epic threnody, and I'm strongly considering a Keith Jarrett-esque solo tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment