ARTISTS PLAYED ON HOT PLATE INCLUDE

  • HOT PLATE! ARTISTS INCLUDE:
  • Bryan Ferry, the MC5, Richard Hell and the Voidoids, Dolly Parton, Ben Webster, Big Sid Catlett, Bessie Banks, Smokey Wood and the Wood Chips, Frankie "Half-Pint" Jaxon, the Harlem Hamfats, Modern Mountaineers, the Prairie Ramblers, Big Bill Broonzy, Bix Beiderbecke, Andre Williams, Jason Stelluto, Poor Righteous Teachers, Johnny Thunders, Eugene Chadbourne, Derek Bailey, J Dilla, Tom T. Hall, Otis Blackwell, The Velvet Underground, Scotty Stoneman, the Alkaholiks, Stan Getz, Johnny Guitar Watson, Evan Parker, Steve Lacy, Dock Boggs, Min Xiao-Fen, Tony Trischka

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Monday, January 2, 2017

MY NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION-- TO BE DISGUSTINGLY INFORMED

So it's come to this-- in order to be more informed about the thinking of people I don't agree with, I am now reading the following:

National Review (they offer a free year's digital subscription)

Henry Ford's "The International Jew-- the World's Foremost Problem"
(Thanks to George Greene for recommending this. A quick scan of the contents page reveals this fascinating chapter title-- "Jewish Jazz Becomes Our National Music")

 Celine's "Trifles for a Massacre"
(This one's an especially weird experience for me because Celine is one of my favorite writers despite his indefensible antisemitism)

I suppose I'll be rereading Will Eisner's book about the Protocols, and I think I have another book by him about jew hatred in America.

And I'll need numerous palate cleansers. My various collections of Milt Gross seem like a good choice, and I'll also need to dip into the intriguing recent book about Krazy Kat auteur George Herriman that suggests Herriman was actually black, passing for white.

No comments:

Post a Comment