ARTISTS PLAYED ON HOT PLATE INCLUDE

  • HOT PLATE! ARTISTS INCLUDE:
  • Bryan Ferry, the MC5, Richard Hell and the Voidoids, Dolly Parton, Ben Webster, Big Sid Catlett, Bessie Banks, Smokey Wood and the Wood Chips, Frankie "Half-Pint" Jaxon, the Harlem Hamfats, Modern Mountaineers, the Prairie Ramblers, Big Bill Broonzy, Bix Beiderbecke, Andre Williams, Jason Stelluto, Poor Righteous Teachers, Johnny Thunders, Eugene Chadbourne, Derek Bailey, J Dilla, Tom T. Hall, Otis Blackwell, The Velvet Underground, Scotty Stoneman, the Alkaholiks, Stan Getz, Johnny Guitar Watson, Evan Parker, Steve Lacy, Dock Boggs, Min Xiao-Fen, Tony Trischka

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Monday, January 16, 2017

THE CONQUEROR EAR WORM

  I hope the folks who like my "serious" writing won't roll their eyes at this "less thinky" item.
  I'm attempting to keep a scientific record of all the pop songs that get stuck in my head. I have both love and hate for pop music, which has dominated my life and career, but endless exposure to it has driven me into the arms of jazz, classical, avant-garde music, international music where I can't understand the words, etc. This is partly because I can't stand it when songs get stuck in my head. Even after many hours of listening, Derek Bailey never gets stuck in my head, for which I thank the man.

  KARL STRAUB'S LIST OF SONGS THAT GOT STUCK IN HIS HEAD RECENTLY (A LIST HE WILL KEEP ADDING TO)
The first one is from the date of this post.


"Roundabout" by Yes
"Rocket to Stardom" theme from a sketch on  Fernwood Tonight
"Levon" by Elton John
"I'm Alright" by Kenny Loggins
"Silhouettes" by the Rays
"Bus Stop" by the Hollies
"Love Is All Around" by Sonny Curtis (Mary Tyler Moore theme)
"Eternal Flame" by the Bangles
song about how great white people are, from Family Guy (watched under duress)
"Eastbound and Down" by Jerry Reed (theme from Smokey and the Bandit")
"I Must Be In Love" by the Rutles (for some reason the bridge is bedeviling me)
"Whatcha Gonna Do" by Pablo Cruise
"Brandy" by Sugar Loaf

No comments:

Post a Comment